Well it’s time to roll up our sleeves and get to work in a loving caring way that is inclusive to all within a community. Leave no one behind or in fear of his or her own existence. It is a beauty to watch a community come together in loving support. I want to quote Toni Morrison’s words, “This is precisely the time when artists go to work. There is no time for despair, no place for self-pity, no need for silence, no room for fear. We speak, we write, we do language. That is how a civilization heals.” Amen to that.
Grateful am I for my community, grateful am I watching the sunlight filter into the kitchen as the sun rises on Saturday mornings and grateful am I for Matthew and Liz who went out and picked an additional 20#’s of brussel sprouts for our meal today.
We continue on with our sock drive. Feel free to donate, feel free to tell you friends. Socks will be heading out to Standing Rock at the end of the month. Let’s keep them warm.
II Saturdays Meal November 12, 2016 II
- Buckwheat & Corn Polenta with Sage & Lemon Verbena Sauce
- Pinto Beans with Mustard Sauce
- Caramelized Carrots & Parsnips with Rosemary
- Steamed Brussels Sprouts, Roasted Red Onion & Lemon Zest
- Sautéed Garlicky Greens
- Chervil Cabbage Salad
- Field Greens with Sprouts & Lemon Poppyseed Dressing
- German Chocolate Cake - $7
- Lemon Tartlets with Shortbread Crust & Raspberry Glaze - $6
- Heavenly Tapioca (GF) - $5
- Apple, Fig & Mulberry Crisp (GF) - $5
- Carrot Cupcakes - $3
- Small Treats
- Cashew Chocolate Truffles (GF) - $1
- Peanut Butter Cookies (GF)- $1
- Almond Cookies (GF)- $1